The Willunga Waldorf School is situated on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, nestled between the rolling hills of the lower Mount Lofty Ranges and some of South Australia’s best beaches and coastline. The Fleurieu Peninsula is well known for its wonderful lifestyle, produce, farmer’s markets and the renowned McLaren Vale wine region.
Grounds & Facilities
The School Grounds are designed to support the educational and philosophical aims of the school. Situated on six hectares of beautiful grounds and consisting of purpose built classrooms to enhance curiosity, creativity, play, learning and curriculum delivery.
- Primary School classrooms designed to reflect the curriculum themes explored within e.g. Class Three, Farm Building ; Class Four, Norse Long House
- Substantial new High School building, opened April 2020, providing quality, spacious learning spaces for classes 8 to 12.
- Dedicated and fully equipped art spaces
- Beautifully resourced Library
- Modern tech studies building with extensive wood and metal working facilities
- Range of sporting facilities – beach volleyball courts, basketball courts and playing fields
- Organically supported Educational Gardens incorporating garden to table food production and viticulture
- Indigenous Bush Tucker Trail
Commitment to Chemical Free Grounds
The school was built on land that was organically farmed for many years and is therefore committed to retain this historical commitment to operate organically.
Our school teaches and promotes organic and biodynamic values and natural gardening principles through our Educational Gardening Program. Students participate in the planning, cultivation and harvesting of food for consumption; therefore it is of importance that this is done in a manner which follows the schools principles. The school respects the land on which it is built and remains chemical free.