STRONG – BALANCED – DYNAMIC
Willunga Waldorf is a thriving K to 12 school of 370 students. It is an exciting, supportive and rewarding place to work. Creativity, innovation and contemporary expressions of Steiner principles are encouraged. Our curriculum remains broad-based and comprehensive across academic, artistic and practical domains right up to Year 12. The school provides a recognised pathway to tertiary study and is set in a beautiful, rural environment, close to the coast and 40-50 minutes from the city of Adelaide. The Southern Vales is a great place to live, raise children and work.
Class 5 Assistant – Terms 3 & 4 (Fixed Term, Part-Time)
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably experienced Classroom Assistant to join the Willunga Waldorf School. As the Class 5 Assistant, you will assist the Class 5 Teacher and Specialist Teachers in creating an inclusive, supportive and creative learning environment for the class, and in particular for children with learning support needs. You will also support the Class 5 Teacher with the successful transition of any students joining the class from another school.
Key selection criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of Steiner Waldorf Curriculum
- Genuine interest in and warmth for assisting children in a Waldorf classroom setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children and adults
- Ability to follow the teacher’s methodology
- Good observer and listener who enjoys providing support
- Ability to find ways of meeting an individual’s needs that work
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to engage in continued professional development
- Availability to join the class on their class camp
- Experience in working with neuro-diverse children, or the willingness to learn as required, is welcomed.
- Certificate III in Education Support, or comparable diploma or Higher Degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Current SA Working with Children Check
- Current RRHAN-EC training certificate
- Current Provide First Aid in an Education and Care setting certificate
Please see the full position description for further details.
How to Apply
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria, provide a professional resume and contact details of three referees who have worked in a supervisory capacity.
Please submit your full application via email to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm on Thursday, 29 June 2022.
Expressions of Interest for Temporary Relief Work
We are currently accepting expressions of interest for Temporary Relief Teachers – Primary Years.
To be considered for relief work please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include
- CV and cover letter detailing availability dates
- Current Teachers Registration Certificate
- Current SA Working With Children Check
- Current RRHAN-EC certificate
- Current First Aid certificate
- Completed Relief Teacher Details Form
All applicants will be requested to attend one of our school tours and will be required to meet with our TRT Coordinator.
Once accepted you will be placed on our TRT Register of preferred teachers and an induction session will be provided prior to the commencement of any relief work.
For further information please email email@example.com or contact Sophie Binder on 08 8556 2655.